Latest Update From the Beaton Man
Since September 4th, I’ve had a pretty rough journey. I’ve had numerous bouts of pneumonia along with other minor, by comparison, health issues brought on after my vocal cord surgery. But, as you can see, I’m still alive. I finally came home on February 14th after being away for six months, but, unfortunately, I’ve been bed ridden with a pressure sore on my tailbone that started while in the hospital. The good news is that it is almost (healed/closed) and I’ve made remarkable progress. I’m breathing on my own, eating solid food, completely off the six machines the hospital sent home with me to aid in my care and, at my Annual Evaluation a few weeks back, was able to discontinue several of my medications!
Due to my health condition I’ve had to cancel my appearance at Costa Mesa in California this Memorial Day. Costa Mesa is my Flagship Highland Games. It’s where I started performing 35 years ago; however, my CD’s will be available for purchase there as well as at the following Highland Games/Scottish Festivals:
- Grandfather Mountain Highland Games in Linville, North Carolina – held on July 9-12
- Arizona Highland Celtic Festival in Flagstaff, Arizona – held on July 18-19
- Seattle Scottish Highland Games in Enumclaw, Washington – held on July 25-26 **
- St Andrew’s Society Annual Highland Games in Livonia, Michigan – held on July 31-August 1
- Scottish Highland Games & Gathering in Pleasanton, California – held on September 5-6
- Virginia Scottish Games & Festival in The Plains, Virginia – held on September 5-6
- Long-Peak Scottish-Irish Highland Festival in Estes Park, Colorado – held on September 10-13
- St. Louis Scottish Games in St. Louis, Missouri – held on September 25-26 (WHERE I’LL BE APPEARING!)
- McPherson Scottish Festival in McPherson, Kansas – held on September 26-27
- Ventura Seaside Highland Games in Ventura, California – held on October 9-11
- Stone Mountain Highland Games in Atlanta, Georgia – held on October 16-18
**Not confirmed at this time
I am in the process of lining up volunteers to (manage/staff) my sales tables at these Games. So if there are any of you who wouldn’t mind providing some of your time to a most worthy cause, please email me at firstname.lastname@example.org!
As always, I am very grateful for your thoughts, prayers and support over the years; especially, since my injury four years ago this July 2nd.
PS: The cost of my CDs and my triple feature DVD are priced so ridiculously low that I bought quite a few myself – to send as gifts. Just so you know, your donations and purchases of my recordings help to defray the cost of my care.
If you know of anyone who would be interested, please feel free to share this with them.
There are 22 comments .